Bananas are nature’s perfect snack for long-lasting energy and a great brain food. They are filling and have zero fat making them both tasty and guilt free. Tens of thousands of lunch boxes go to school with a banana because we want the best for our younger ones. But considering the vast numbers that work in our major cities, buying fresh bananas is much harder than hundreds of other snacks.
That’s why there is an introduction of the first Banana Vending Machine in Tokyo. It costs 130 yen for a Banana and 390 yen for a bunch of them.
Interesting facts about Banana
- The healthy breakfast fruit, banana, is called such because it derives from the word, “banan” which is an Arabic word meaning “finger.”
- Bananas float in water because they are less dense in comparison.
- The banana is actually classified as a berry.
- Bananas may be considered a mood enhancer because it contains the amino acid, tryptophan and Vitamin B6 that helps the body produce serotonin.
- The bananas we eat today, the Cavendish, are different from pre-1960s’ bananas, the Gros Michael, as those have been wiped out by “the panama disease.”
- Bananas can help lower blood pressure and protect heart health due to high potassium and low salt content.
- The inside of a banana peel can help relieve itching and inflammation, such as from bug bit or poison ivy.
- Bananas are great pre-workout snacks because they are loaded with potassium that aids in maintaining nerve and muscle function during work outs.
- The genetic similarity between a human and a banana is 60%.
- Declared the “Banana Republic of Africa,” Uganda consumes more bananas per capita (600 pounds) per year than any other country.
- While all bananas have seeds, commercially produced bananas have been selectively bred to produce tiny, edible seeds. In fact, they are so small that they are almost unnoticeable.
- In 2012, a man from Illinois, USA, peeled and gobbled down eight bananas in 60 seconds. He broke the world record for peeling and eating the most number of bananas in one minutes.
- That’s it fruit
Other Vending Machine Applications