I love this idea — a random book vending machine that dispenses books for $2. Hey, I like to read outside of my comfort zone every once in a while.
Now we can explore the mysteries of trashy romance novels and self-help books that would normally have to dig all the way to the bottom of the bargain bin for.
Fun facts about Books
- The most expensive book ever purchased was sold for $30.8 million. It was Codex Leicester by Leonardo Da Vinci, and it was purchased by Bill Gates.
- Alice in Wonderland is based on a real 10-year-old girl. Her name was Alice Liddell, and her family was close friends with author Lewis Carroll. While on a boating trip, she asked him to tell her a story — and that’s how Alice was born.
30 All-Time100 Novels “Time Magazine”
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- 1984 by George Orwell
- The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
- The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (Chronicles of Narnia, #1) by C.S. Lewis
- Lord of the Flies by William Golding
- Animal Farm by George Orwell
- Catch-22 by Joseph Heller
- The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
- Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
- Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
- Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov
- One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest by Ken Kesey
- A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess
- Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret by Judy Blume
- Atonement by Ian McEwan
- Watchmen by Alan Moore
- Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro
- Things Fall Apart (The African Trilogy, #1) by Chinua Achebe
- Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison
- Mrs. Dalloway by Virginia Woolf
- Beloved (Beloved Trilogy, #1) by Toni Morrison
- On the Road by Jack Kerouac
- The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway
- Possession by A.S. Byatt
- The Big Sleep (Philip Marlowe #1) by Raymond Chandler
- A Passage to India by E.M. Forster
- I, Claudius (Claudius, #1) by Robert Graves
- Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston