Invented by entrepreneur Claudio Torghele, Let’s Pizza machines were initially designed and manufactured in Northern Italy.
Customers can choose between up to four kinds of pies, and watch through windows as the machine adds water to flour, kneads the dough, layers on the sauce, assembles the toppings, and bakes the pizza in an infrared oven in just 2.5 minutes. There are fun windows so customers can watch their pies being made. It can produce 90 to 100 pizzas before it needs to be refilled.
Interesting Facts about Pizza
- Americans eat approximately 100 acres of pizza each day, or 350 slices per second.
- 36% of all pizza orders want their pizza topped with pepperoni.
- 94% of Americans eat pizza regularly.
- Over 5 billion pizzas are sold worldwide each year.
- More pizza is consumed during the week of The Big Game than any other time of the year.
- October has been celebrated as National Pizza month since 1987.
- 58% of Americans order pizza on the Sunday of The Big Game, the highest selling day for pizza.
- Thin crust pizza is the most popular form of crust worldwide.
- Women are more likely to order vegetarian options as opposed to men.
- Saturday is the most popular night for eating pizza.
- Breakfast Pizza, 36% of Americans believe that pizza is a breakfast meal.
- There’s a annual Pizza expo in Las Vegas.
- There is a mathematical theorem named after pizza.
- In India, the most preferred pizza topping is tofu.
- One of the first documented Internet purchases was a pizza: Pepperoni with mushrooms and extra cheese. This was one of the first recorded purchases made online around 1994.
- The Hawaiian pizza was invented in Canada. In 1962 by Sam Panopoulos, a native of Greece who was running a pizzeria in Ontario Canada. Bored with only having three toppings available mushroom, bacon, or pepperoni he took down a can of pineapples from the top shelf and decided to throw it on pizza. The rest is history.
- Luis XIII in Salerno, Italy has the world’s most expensive pizza with a price tag of $12,000! This is no ordinary pizza, first the dough is aged perfectly before the chief arrives at your home. Yes, they will create this masterpiece in your home kitchen. Some of the ingredients include, three types of caviar, lobster from Norway, Cilento, bufala mozzarella cheese and grains of pink Australian sea-salt from the Murray River.
- In 2001, the Russian Space Agency was paid more than a million bucks to deliver a six-inch pizza to the International Space Station. Russian cosmonaut,Yuri Usachov had the honor of being the first person to receive a pizza delivery while in orbit.
- Before World War II pizza was mostly enjoyed by Italian immigrants in their home communities. During the occupation of Italy, Allied troops began eating local foods to supplement sometimes dwindling rations. The local bakers could hardly keep up with the US soldiers demand for pizza, and when they came home after the war they brought their love for pizza back with them.
Other Vending Machine Applications